Friday 8 February 2013

Be my Valentine


A sweet and sassy manicure for Valentine's day with all the trimmings and my first try at a gradient nail. I applied the colours to each half of the nails first then I used a cosmetic sponge to create the gradient. Then I added a little sparkle and some sequin-like hearts I just got from dollarnailart.com to complete the lovey-dovey effect.

Enjoy!





Products Used



Base coat
Qtica Natural Nail Growth Stimulator
Zoya Anchor base coat

First layer
OPI Big Apple Red (2 coats) at base of nail
Revlon Colorstay Café pink (2 coats) at tip of nail

Second-Fourth layer Gradient
-Triangle cosmetic sponge for gradient, slice off pointed end
Paint polish on sponge then dab on nail (until desired gradient forms)

Fifth layer
Sally Hansen Hard as nails Xtreme wear Disco Ball

Tip Pattern
Red Baby hearts (Item #9440RD) from dollarnailart.com 

Top coat
Seche Vite dry fast top coat
Qtica Half time polish accelerator


No comments:

Post a Comment