Friday 13 July 2012

Review: Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque



Oh my god, I've died and gone to curly hair heaven!




That opening statement can just barely describe how I feel about this product!


I was thinking about trying the Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque for a while and since I really love the Healing oil treatment from the same company I thought I would try it.



I swung by my local hair care store and grabbed a 8.5fl.oz/250ml tub of Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque for $39.95. It is described as a "revitalizing hair reconstructor for dry, damaged hair." My hair, being obscenely curly and now died blonde, is the acquiescence of dry and damaged, thus the masque definitely seemed to be the thing for me. I definitely need a very moisturising conditioner and have used masks for that purpose in the past with good results.






My hair care regime is detailed here, but basically I only comb my hair while I have two large handfuls of conditioner in and even then it's no picnic. My hair is so knotty that my comb gets stuck and it's a bitch to get it through. However, using this masque was like a revelation and a treat. The product was so lubricating that my comb ran through my hair like it was warm butter. It was a pleasure to take care of and not like babysitting an unruly, nasty brat.






I left the Deep Repair Masque on for 15 minutes total; combing during half that time just because it felt nice before wrapping my hair up in a bun for the rest of the time, and then finally rinsing it out. I almost didn't want to rinse out the product because it smelt so good and made my hair feel so smooth. Seriously, the ease at which I could run my fingers through my hair after using the masque was second only to the relaxing and delightful fragrance, and my boyfriend agrees. The smell really is glorious yet not too strong and smells really clean and fresh.



After towel drying my hair, I added a palmful of Macadamia Natural Oil Healing Oil treatment and Aveda Be Curly Curl Enhancer. I even combed through my hair again, which I usually avoid because without conditioner it is too knotty, but after the Deep Repair Masque it was still so silky and manageable. I never really preferred the smell of the Healing treatment oil before; however combined with the conditioner the scent is divine.


Honestly, I want to display the interesting tub on my vanity; I am that emotionally attached to the product already. This baby has actually remained next to my perfume bottle since I got it, except when I use it. The container is decorated with henna style brown designs with green details and looks organic and kinda cool. If you don't like the tub style, it comes in a $15.00 3.3oz squeeze bottle, or if you want to test the masque's mettle, you can try out a 1oz sachet for $4.00. The tub comes in the 8.5oz for $33 and 16.9oz for $49 sizes too. All prices from macadamiahair.com with free shipping on orders over $75.





I'm really happy with how my hair turned out after using the Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque. The texture of my curls is phenomenal and they hold their shape in a tight ringlet without me styling them with gel or anything and remain so soft and delicious. With the aid of my styling products, it keeps my hair tamed but luscious and it feels healthier.



My curls post treatment with Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque



I am considering doing a long treatment by mixing some Macadamia Natural Oil Healing oil treatment with the Deep Repair Masque and leaving it in for 2 hours or even overnight. I think I'd do this kind of treatment once a month for a really, really deep repair.



Conclusion

Man, I love this product! It is definitely my absolute favourite conditioner/mask of all time! After using this Deep Repair Masque my hair was smooth, awesome and the next morning still smelt glorious! It made my hair a lot more controllable and healthier feeling even over short term use. I really felt like it helped repair my damaged hair. I would definitely repurchase this and feel like stocking up on it already. The packaging is nice and The Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque is definitely my holy grail of conditioners. I feel relieved and in love. I have found my hair's Nirvana and I no longer procrastinate/dread, but delight every time it's time to wash my hair.


If you have dry, coloured or curly hair I would absolutely recommend the Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque. It's worth the price and smells just as nice!



I can't wait to try some more of their products. I'm really interested in the Macadamia Natural Oil Reviving Curl Cream.


You can buy Macadamia Natural Oil products from Macadamia Hair or for Australian residents try Hair Booth if there isn't a store near you.




1 comment: