Friday 6 July 2012

Review: M.A.C Prep+Prime Vibrancy Eye primer




I have had a huge problem with concealer creasing under my eyes and and always wondered if there was a product that could help this. I've used setting powders and that helps, however ultimately I always end up with concealer collecting in the fine lines under my eyes.


So, I thought I would try M.A.C's Prep and Prime Vibrancy eye primer and tell you a bit about it.



Enjoy!

M.A.C Prep+Prime Vibrancy Eye primer

 
It's a cream primer to be used under the eye area and is 15ml/0.5 fl.oz. It cost me $47 at the M.A.C counter at a department store.




I love the packaging of the entire Prep+Prime range. The black with iridescent sparkles throughout makes it a fun yet glamorous container. The pump dispenser is a convenient and hygienic way to get out your product and allows for small enough amount if you use half a pump.







The product has a pleasant slightly fragranced smell that is completely inoffensive. The feeling on the skin is light, yet very moisturising and doesn't weigh the skin down or make it greasy. The primer brightens up the under eye circles slightly short term and is said to have long lasting effects if you use it every day.



I just use half a pump and dab it under my eye from the other corner to the inner corner with my ring finger, before I apply my concealer. And wow does the concealer apply beautifully over the primer! It allows the brush to glide over the surface of the skin because it provides a fantastic base with a smooth surface, and definitely helps a lot with creasing. It doesn't completely remove it, however the creasing I'm left with is really minimal and not noticeable much at all.
<>

Swatch on the back of my hand

Conclusion


The price here in Australia is pretty hefty at $47 (and $30 in US), but so are all of M.A.C's products. I won't be using it every day, just when I use makeup/concealer, so I think it will last a long time. The reduction of creasing of my concealer is quite noticealbe and I don't have to worry about it anymore.



I am very happy with this product and would buy it again. I totally love this product!


No comments:

Post a Comment